Monday, April 14, 2014

iD XV environmentally!!!!

Wow it's over and I am now rested but not yet recovered as life is now moving at FAST PACE go GO GO!!!!!!!!

It's really strange to be part of such a large fashion event when your moral and ethical standing is somewhat different from those that surround you!!!! I believe it's time for change and the systemic values that underwrite this profession need to be examined and transpired into an ethically sustainable version.

I am still awaiting my photos to arrive, It's like a test of the postal system every time someone sends something as no one seems capable of finding my address. I am kinda in an awkward place under the bridge and all but still ace, got some excellent grafitti over the weekend Gyftd apparently likes pink and my building!!!! yus!!! PLUS I am on the corner.

https://www.google.co.nz/maps/place/88+Vogel+St/@-45.8798316,170.5027944,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0xa82eac0fdd93d8ad:0xa4294d173d72a9eb

haha just googled my building and it has both addresses so there postal cant find my building!!!!!!

anyway I digress, from an environmental perspective iD certainly isn't winning any awards but it does understand the need to minimise waste which is a start in itself. From the Cooke Howlison sponsored fleet to the goody bag's on the seats it was kept tidy and under control, as iD is always a professionally run event. I commend the iD committee for their organisation and well run affair, they certainly know there way around a Fashion Week or XV.

I however still hold a more personal view that we need to create more transparency in our fashion system so that we can sustain a fashion system of the future. I was slightly disappointed that the national media still haven't caught onto the global trend towards a more sustainable fashion future as it's something I know for certain is the way forward in such a wasteful and environmentally unsustainable industry.

We are in the process of creating a national network of sustainable practitioners that can support the current wasteful fashion system into a more innovative and zero waste future. It is my hope that we will create a zero waste New Zealand and better understanding of our wasteful systems.

Peace.

<3 br="">



No comments:

Post a Comment